Post a Place & Plug your Product
We've cataloged each National Park, Ski Resort and Outdoor Recreation Area (the major ones) by state for all 50 states. The task now is to fill in useful information about each area, ie fishing holes, camping sites, hikes, etc. Yes this is a huge task, but we've thought up a way that can benefit everyone who supplies information.You can post information about an area, then give a brief promotion about your product or service at the end of the post.
For instance, say a fly fishing guide from Jackson Hole, Wyoming posts about "Fly Fishing on the Snake River". At the end of the post he/she can link over to their website (if they have one) and give contact information. It's a great way for guides, outfitters, lodges and those involved in the outdoor industry to get some exposure online. Here's a link to an example articles: http://www.nationaloutdoors.net/pursuit/utah/national-parks/canyonlands-... and http://www.nationaloutdoors.net/pursuit/idaho/bank-fishing-technique-ste... .
You must have an account with National Outdoors to post content on the website. (Sorry we had to stop the spammers.) To sign up for an account, click on the "Login" link in the upper right-hand corner of this page. Then select the “create new account” tab. Enter a user name and email address. You will then be emailed a temporary password and a verification link to login. Follow the Detailed Instructions listed below to add your contribution to National Outdoors.
Once you are logged in, you will see a navigation block on the left hand side. Click on the "Post Content” link. From here you can select the content type. A Place refers to an activity at a location; the Pursuit is information or insight into an outdoor activity. You should type up your article in a word processing program like Microsoft Word, then paste the article into the “Description” field on the submission form. This allows you to run a grammar and spell check, and you can save your article for future reference. Follow these steps once you’re on the content submission form page.
1. Add a Title to your Article. Make sure to include good keywords because this title will be included in the URL of your post.
2. Select the appropriate categories. If you are posting about a Place, please make sure select the state, outdoor recreation area and the general location. You can also do this for a Pursuit if the location is relevant. This will help National Outdoors users navigate to your post and help the with search engines for popular keywords.
3. Paste (or type) your article in the “Description Field”.
4. For your first picture use the “Attached Images” Link. Once you click on this link, select the “Browse” button and find the image on your computer. You can post pictures up to 1.5MB in size. (Learn how to Resize Images) OPTIONAL: For additional pictures, use the "Additional Images" Link. Again, use the "Browse" button. Once you've located the image, click the "upload" button. You can enter a title for picture and add more images if you'd like.
5. OPTIONAL: If you’d like your location to be presented on our “Outdoor Destinations Map”, click on the “Location” link. Include the name of your location then locate your location by clicking on the map. You can use the “+” and “-“buttons to zoom in and out.
6. OPTIONAL: Add keywords for Search Engine Optimization on the “Technorati Tags” link and on the “Meta Tags” link. Don’t get carried away with too many words and only use keywords once.
7. Click the “submit” at the bottom of the page and your post is online. Don't worry, you can edit your post once it's been submitted.